InnoVal is an Erasmus+ KA2 project coordinated by the LLLPlatform, aiming to identify innovative and reliable assessment methods that can allow all learners to have a chance at validation, with a special focus on the needs of disadvantaged groups such as refugees and early school leavers.
These will be the main project objectives:
- Developing a needs assessment review of Assessment Methods for Validation that complements the CEDEFOP Guidelines & Inventory, aimed at practitioners
- Developing a deeper understanding of the barriers & enablers to implementing alternative assessments, based on findings of an online consultation which will seek the views of a range of stakeholders
- Coming to a share understanding of quality principles of assessment such as validity, reliability, transparency, trustworthiness, dependability, confirmability, transferability & (cost) efficiency for alternative assessments
- Exploring of the benefits of non-traditional assessment methods for validation for low skilled adults, migrants/refugees
- Ensure inter-reliability between VET & HE for performance-based assessments, as this ensures that employers & different educational institutions accept the results
- Develop & test an Open Educational Material & Toolbox of case studies using the potential of new technologies
InnoVal partnership is composed of 6 partner organisations from various fields of expertise and from 5 different EU countries: LLLPlatform (Belgium), Dafni Kek (Greece), EIESP (France), ANESPO (Portugal), EUCEN (Belgium), UC Leuven (Belgium), Associated partner: Bertelsmann Stiftung (Germany).
More information about the project can be found on the project website